On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Jeremy wrote:

> Hi,
>     I'm trying to connect to my server remotly though SSH. I'm using the SSH
>extension to Tera Term on windows ME.  I've created my keys (with a password) on the
>remote machine (the linux box) and ftp'd it to my windows machine. I setup Tera Term
>to use the keys. But the server will never excpet the password.  What am I doing
>wrong?  How would I go about setting this up? (So far I've just been going by what
>i've gathered from various website..).

If I've whined about this before, my apologies. Please change your word
wrap to 72 characters.  Thanks

Sounds like your keys are going the wrong direction.  You'll want to
generate a key (type dsa) on your terra term program and transfer it's
public key to the "~/.ssh/authorized_keys2" in the user directory on the
linux box.  I'm assuming openssh being used on the linux box.