From: "Brian Ashe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: sendmail - system config error !! again

Hi rupendralist,

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, 12:33:54 PM, you babbled something about:

ryc> how to solve this problem

ryc> i could not understand the fix in the FAQ

What it is saying is that you have configured your DNS (MX record) to send
the mail for "indiatimes.com" to a particular host. However the host is
trying to relay that mail to the host in the MX record as well because it
has not been told to accept it and deliver it locally.

If you are using a CNAME record for your MX then you likely will find the
problem there.

Also check to make sure you have an entry for that domain in your
/etc/mail/local-domains file and restart sendmail.

ryc> ----------------------

ryc> The original message was received at Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:32:50 +0530
ryc> from main [127.0.0.1]

ryc>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
ryc> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ryc>     (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error)

ryc>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
ryc> 553 5.3.5 smtp.indiatimes.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX
ryc> problem?)
ryc> 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

ryc> ---------------------------------------------
ryc> Rupendra Singh      <http://rupendra.s5.com/>
ryc> Student MCA-5th sem     KIET Ghaziabad, India
ryc> ---------------------------------------------

ryc> Do You Yahoo!?

ryc> Redhat-list mailing list
ryc> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ryc> https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/