Been trying to get 7.2 to install on a dual PIII-1000, SCSI boot drive
hanging off of a sym83c5xx and a RAID hanging off of a megaraid adapter.

Install goes fine, system reboots fine (grub as manager).

Kernel kicks in, gets to ext3 module.  At this point it either throws an
error 6 mounting ext3, or continues merrily.  3 lines later, either way,
failed to find init, consider passing init= to kernel.

7.1 can install just fine on the server.  Doesn't look very good when the
boss happens to be looking over your shoulder!

I found some material about a dance required for post athlon install from
the shell that runs during the install - is a similar dance needed?

And yes, I need some form of journaling, hence the choice of 7.2 -
recompiling the kernel can be done, but I'm trying to make this as simple as
possible for anyone who has to maintain the system after me.

--

Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.