On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 06:51:15AM +0000, Ganesh HariHaran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| I need to make squidguard working with ACL features.
|
| I have my Squid 2.3.STABLE1 up and runing as a proxy server with
| various acls, like dstdomains and various list of hosts machines
| assigned with various acl names with permitted access based on time
| period.
|
| Now, how is this squidguard will help me more with my existing squid
| proxy. All i know about squidguard is that its a plugin to squid.
|
| Please tell me how to configure this and how best i can work with
| this.

SquidGuard is a redirector. You insert it into your squid.conf like this:

        redirect_program /path/to/squidguard

If you want only certain clients to be using squidguard and other clients
to have unfettered net access then you make an ACL naming the clients
using squidguard and then tie the redirector to that:

        redirector_access allow guardme

See the section on redirectors in the squid FAQ:

        http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-15.html

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

In life, you should always try to know your strong points, but this is
far less important than knowing your weak points.
Martin Fitzpatrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>