It doesn't sound like a bug.  If you check out the scripts, they really
don't reference ypdomainname, they reference domainname & nisdomain.

If you feel that your yp packages have bugs, go to rpmfind.net & get the
updated packages.  I beleive they have the Redhat 7.1 updates listed
there.

But I don't think it's a bug.

-Rob

> Thanks Rob.
>
> I also did the same as what you wrote but the ypdomainname always return
> (none). Is this a bug in RH 7.1?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> bpdp
>
> On Thursday 06 December 2001 7:22 pm, Robert Dege wrote:
> > I got it to work as a Slave server & as a client.  I also got the master
> > server to work on Redhat 7.2
> >
> > Here's a tip, instead of setting ypdomainname, set
> >
> > NISDOMAIN=whatever
> >
> > in /etc/sysconfig/network.
> >
> > Then the init.d scripts will correct read your domainname for NIS.
> >
> > -Rob

-Rob