Check your hostname, by default if you use DHCP on a RedHat install it
dumps localhost.localdomain as the hostname and thats why its failing.

The other thing is the sending of email outside of your own localhost.  By
default on local mail is allowed on a redhat install so look for the line
in sendmail.mc that reads:-

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')

and either edit it or comment it out and regenerate sendmail.cf by the
commands as listed on the top of the sendmail.mc file.

Sendmail cannot recognize the hostname sometimes as well and so you could
add this in your sendmail.cf; look for:-

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your
domain
#Dj$w.Foo.COM
Dj<hostname>

And finally restart sendmail after all the changes necessary..

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Mike Burger wrote:

> Not that I know of.
>
> I'm not sure what might be the problem...and I'm no longer using Sendmail,
> so I don't even have a testbed to work from.
>
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Mike Burger wrote:
> >
> > >Is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" the address you put into your aliases
> > >file?
> > >

> > nope but this is the returned mail error message! i put in
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] as an example..
> >
> > is there something special for dailyreport mail?
> >
> > thanks

---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits."  - Albert Einstein

Ashwin
kutty..
Systems Administrator