I just finished an upgrade of a RHL 5.2/6.0 upto a BoxSet RHL 7.1.  The
install went fine, and all the updates installed fine.

However, I hate this damn desktop.  It looks like crap and is sluggish.
When I open a term window...it takes forever.  And when I click on a
term window it takes forever to redraw.  And that toolbar at the bottom
is completely useless.  1" of the lower screen realstate is wasted.

How can I get me old taskbar back with the CPU usage graph, desktop
space, and time?  I tried using the Gnome toolbox to change the window
manager back to the fvmw2 but it didn't change the things that most
annoying.

Any suggestion?

--
robert canary