Hi Gordon,

> I use lineone (uk) dial up connection to go through to the internet using
> my windows 98 machine.  I would like to know if it is possible to dial up
> to the same ISP using my Redhat 7.0.  Does anyone know if they accept
> connection from a  Redhat.

You should be able to set up your connection manually without any problem.  I
use BTinternet who I believe run LineOne.  BT do not support linux but most
(UK) ISP's don't really.  Just don't mention Linux to them or they get all
confussed (bless them:-)

If you have a working modem it is just a matter of entering the telephone
numbers, DNS and IP details as you would on Windows.  Also you will need to
know what authenification method they use (BT use CHAP, some use PAP).  You
could find this out from there website or telephone support (don't bother to
tell them about Linux, just say you want to configure your own connection
manually).  If you need any help with the setup just reply back.

>Do you have any documentation in order for me
> to achieve this that is related to lineone?  Some one has given me some
> docmentation for freeserve.  Can i use the same ideas  and relate it to
> Lineone.

Another idea, if you need lineone specific help, have you tried you Local LUG
(Linux User Group) forum or List (URL below if you need it).  No doubt
someone in the LUG will be using LineOne.  Of course, you don't have to use
your local one if no help arrives...

List of UK LUGS
http://www.lug.org.uk/lugs/index.html

Of course, you could always make a LAN and feed both boxes from the same
connection...

Hope That Helps
Mike