On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:01:35 -0800
Joe Brenner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As long as we're plugging light-weight window managers, I'm
> a fan of icewm.
>
> It behaves enough like an MS product to make it easy on
> people who like that UI (which I do, oddly enough: I think
> the keyboard shortcuts on 3.x-era Windows may be the only
> thing that MS ever really got right... alt-tab switches
> windows, alt-F4 zaps a window, alt-space opens up a window
> menu pad, so "alt-space n" minimizes, and so on).
OK, I'll plug Blackbox :-)
What I like about it is how *dissimilar* to the windows interface it is.
But very lightweight, fast, and efficient.  Been using it for a little
over a year now.  I like using some KDE apps and some Gnome apps and
Blackbox handles both without problem, and without the bloat of those two
environments. Mike
--
"The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, `What
does woman want?'"