On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 14:52, Dan Egli wrote:
> I've heard mixed reviews on Matrox g4xx series cards. I'd say your best
> bet is the 3dfx card, as long as mandrake and redhat agree on it.

I've been very happy with my Matrox G450.  I initially had some major
gripes with Mandrake about their support.  For a while, Mandrake's
releases claimed to support it when it left systems so hung that a
power-down was the only option and Mandrake refused to distribute
Matrox's binary-only driver even though it was freely distributable.
Later on, the G450 became well-supported by XFree and was one of the
first cards to offer anti-aliased font support in KDE and now even has a
good 3D implementation out of the box.  I've got no issues at all with
TuxRacer on a fairly stock Red Hat Linux 7.2 system.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]