From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Brian S. Schang
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 10:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Outlook and IMAP SSL Certificates

Hello:

As I only know enough to be dangerous, I hope that someone can help. I
am
trying to get Outlook 2000 configured as an IMAP client and Red Hat
Linux
7.2 configured as a IMAP server.

I installed the imap-2000c-15.i386.rpm package and have created an IMAP
"account" in Outlook. Everything seems to be working well, except that
when
I first run Outlook, I get a certificate warning. It reads:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
could
not be verified.
A certificate chain processed correctly, but terminated in a root
certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
Do you want to continue using this server?

If I select "Yes", everything works well, and I am able to retrieve and
file
mail as expected. However, I'm not smart enough with certificates to
suppress the warning.

I'm assuming from the warning that I need to somehow get Outlook to
trust
the Linux certificate??

I would appreciate any help and advice that you can provide.

Thanks!

Brian Schang