Hi Gordon,

Merry X'mas

At 11:42 PM 12/23/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Yeah, but that doesn't answer whether you downloaded a binary rpm
>(.i386.rpm) or rebuilt a source rpm (.src.rpm).

Sorry.  I misunderstood your requested information.  I have both of them
downloaded but only installed .i386rpm, waiting for your advice to
proceed.  Although I could rebuild the source rpm but expect to learn from
you re configuration of a sound drive.  For such a reason I stopped to
proceed further waiting for your advice.

>OK, so you don't have any sound drivers configured.  Theres a good example
>in the documentation for the package.  Look in
>/usr/share/doc/alsa-driver-0.9.0beta9/

I will have a look on it.

Thanks

B.R.