I'd like to run squid under RH 7.2.  The primary purpose is to force all web
access through squid so that I can squid's proxy authorization and the squid
access.log to track where my user's have gone on the web.

Some questions:

1) Using iptables, how can I disable outgoing access to port 80.  This is
   necessary to ensure that the browser is configured to use the proxy port
   at 3128.  Otherwise, they can bypass squid and I'd never know.

2) Is there a way to disable all squid accesss, on per user or machine basis,
   during certain hours?

3) Rather than maintain a seperate user/password file for squid, is there to
   have it simply use the unix user/password?  Or, better yet, since I also
   have a samba server, automatically have it authenticate using the same
   user/password?  Even better, have this authentication happen automatically
   so that they never even enter a user/password for squid at all?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com