On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 05:49:08PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> There is a problem when I open an e-card.
>
> "Couldn't open /dev/sequencer.
> Probably there is another program using it."
>
> I have checked this file and found that the size of "dev/sequencer" is 0 byte!
> Any idea?

If it's in /dev, it should be a special device.  This should have a
major/minor device number, not a size.  If you run the command 'ls -l
/dev/sequencer' and the first character of the output is a dash or 'd',
a regular file or directory has been created instead of the appropriate
special device.  This can often happen when a program is run expecting
to open the device but its instantiation in the filesystem hasn't yet
been created.

Either find out what package should have created /dev/sequencer
and re-install, or try to find what major/minor device numbers are
associated with it and use 'mknod' to recreate it.

G'luck,
--
        Dave Ihnat