I have a stock RH 7.2 system configured with two NICs.  eth1 is for my
internal network; eth0 is connected to my cable modem.  I am using dhcpcd on
eth0 to get the IP address from my ISP.

I have two problems:

1) I created a script in /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.exe that should
   automatically be executed whenever the link comes up or the lease is
   renewed.  For some reason, the script simply does not get executed.  My
   permissions on the script are fine and I can manually execute the scrit
   successfully.  I know for certain that the script it not being executed.
   Why?

2) I am running a cachine nameserver on my system.  I do not want dhcpcd to
   rewrite my /etc/resolv.conf with my ISP's nameservers.  I know that the
   "-R" option to dhcpcd suppresses this.  I poked around the variousscripts
   and it seems that adding 'export DHCPCDARGS="-R"' to the ifcfg-eth0 file
   should have done the trick.  But it has no effect.  Why?

Should I just install pump and be done with it?

Thanks!

...Jake

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com