At 12/27/2001 06:09 PM +0800, you wrote:
> > In MS Windows, if I still have queue in printer spool and I restart
> > computer, a dialog box will appear "there are still jobs in printer spool:
> > yes, no, cancel?"
> >
> > Is there any program in RH that have this feature (rather than type lpq
> > and lrpm)?
>
>When the root user issues a shutdown command - it's a no holds barred
>shutdown. The root user is the boss PERIOD.

Amen. But, note that in general Linux boxes almost never *need* to be
rebooted; mine run an average of 90 days between reboots, and that's
usually because I change hardware around. So this problem should be pretty
minimal, right?

>The same goes for your previous post a few days ago. Please don't compare
>how Windows works to how Linux works. They're apples and oranges.
>
>Linux is not for everybody.

I'm not sure I agree with this here. They are both operating systems, and
for a given user both perform (basically) similar tasks. For one user to
notice an attractive feature in one OS that they'd like to see in another
is part of a competitive market... an incentive to improve. Of course,
whether that feature eventually gets added or not is not the function of
one user (unless he/she writes the code for it) but of the collective mass
of users.

Today, Linux is not for everybody. But the inclusion of a little
hand-holding would broaden its market dramatically, and IMHO that's
actually a good thing. (Of course, I'd love to have that hand-holding be
*optional*, but that's me.)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz