I have a question.. Lately openssh has had some security problems. I have
been told that all these problems are only in SSH-1 not SSH-2.
Also there seems to be some who the hell knows if these problems are in ssh
only or openssh or both etc.
 Now, if i tell my SSH server only to accept SSH-2 and dont relay X11 would
i then tighten my SSH alot? Also, i have been trying with little luck to
only allow certain IP's to be allowed into my servers via SSH. If anyone has
a nice ipchains rule that would allow x.x.x.x ip and NO ONE ELSE i would
greatly appreciate it. I think im finding a problem the way redhat 7.2
firewall (high) does its firewalling. I think it might be killing ports that
are return ports for ssh. Perhaps i need to look at firewall (medium) and
perhaps low. All i have are pop3,imap,smtp,ftp(with
passive),dns,www,raduisd(lucent). If anyone wants to throw their 2 cents in
with a script they may be using, i would appreciate much.

Jim.