Hi Robert, Fernando,

> > Thanks for the link, I've already downloaded the Postscript file, but I
> > was looking for some *quick* guide. Sure I'll read and learn more using
> > the book, but I have to meet a close deadline.
>
> www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rpm1

 Ah, another place to check out!

> just read it quickly.

 <g> (Problem with deadlines: The answer to your question has not yet been
written down. Or the user who knows about it is currently off-line. Bummer.)

 Using the _index_ of the rpmbook might be useful too. "Building Packages: A
Simple Example" (http://www.rpmdp.org/rpmbook/node57.html) sounds promissing.
Or even better, "Creating the  Spec File"
(http://www.rpmdp.org/rpmbook/node60.html). Since you are using binaries only,
I assume the %files section is of most interest to you.
 Having a look at a noarch rpm or it's source equivalent might be useful too.
Especially the CPAN rpm's (not (yet?) available for 7.2, but still for 7.1,
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/DMA/CPAN or your local mirror)
are a good example in this case.

                                        Bye,

                                        Leonard.