On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

>               Hi Robert,
>
> > Really, wierd.  When I unexport the directory I get a message about
> > "208.32.6.3:/cdrom: invalid argument"
> >
> > xtab had the /cdrom entry in it, but I removed it.
>
>  Did you delete the entry in xtab before unexporting it? That would explain
> the error. If so, try it with the entry still (=again) in xtab.
>
> > I did another exportfs -r and still got the same error.
>
>  ... Bugzilla?

FWIW, it's not a Red Hat specific problem.  I had a *long* go-around w/
NFS on a SuSE 7.3 box.  The reason I haven't piped up about it just yet is
that I can't remember what I did to fix it/ make the problem go away.
Somehow or another it gets a stale entry 'wedged' in one of the files.  I
spent a lot of time digging thru the man pages for exports, exportfs,
mount, you name it.  I *think* I may have deleted one of the *tab files in
/ar/nfs and then recreated it, but I can't remember what I did for sure.
I'll have to take notes next time.  Actually, it was irritating enough I
hope there *isn't* a next time :(

Sorry,

Monte