Hi,

I've just installed Samba 2.2.1a on a Red Hat 7.2 machine.  I've set up
some public shares which are accessible from our Windows machines.  Now
I want to make some directories I already have on the Linux machine
accessible only by me from the Windows machines.  The share name is
emeraldkim.  I have this entry in /etc/samba/smb.conf:

[emeraldkim]
        path = /sigourney/kim/emerald
        valid users = kim
        read only = No
        browseable = yes

I want to be able to read and write to /sigourney/kim/emerald and all of
its subdirectories, all of which have permission 755 and ownership
kim:users.  My username and password on the Linux NIS network and our
Windows domain are different.  I can see the emeraldkim share in the
Windows Network Neighborhood.  But when I try to go into it, I get
prompted for a username and password.  None of the combinations I've
tried work.  How can I access this share from the Windows side?  Thanks,

Hidong