To write to your Windows directory (assuming it is vfat),
add a line like this to your /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda1         /mnt/win       vfat    noauto,users,owner 0 0

and mount the partition while logged in as your normal user
account (mount /mnt/win). Then, the files will be owned by you.
This gives all users permission to mount the partition,
so this is assuming you don't have other users on your system
that will maliciously mount the partition and do harm.
If this system is only accessed by you, it should be ok.
(standard "no warranty" clause here)

Tammy