On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Vidiot wrote:

> While it is a nice idea, each line will still only get you 56k, meaning
> that a download will still take the same amount of time, no matter how
> many modems you connect and use to dial into the same account.
>
> If you are hoping to cut your download time in half... nope.

If your ISP supports multilink, you can do "channel bonding".  The ISP's
equipment will recognise both ppp links as part of the same channel and
load balance packets between them.  It effectively doubles the bandwidth
available to dial up connections.

--
If I had a dollar for every brain that you don't have,
        I'd have one dollar. - Squidward to SpongeBob