Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 9:56 AM
Subject: linux vs sun incompatiblity ???

I made a tape archive to an 8mm Exabyte 8205 DX tape drive using a Sun Ultra 1 workstation running Solaris 2.5.1
I am trying to extract it on RedHat 7.1 linux box utilizing the same tape drive, mine is interal while the creating drive was external.

There is a way to do this as I have done it before but cannot remember for the life of me.
I dont remember if had to do with setting the density as well as the compression level or moving the tape past the first block, something like that seems familiar.
Anyone have any idea?
thanks
Corey