-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian Ashe
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT: Etiquette for abandoned projects

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a reference that gave general guidelines
on
taking over (a hostile takeover? ;) a project that seems to be abandoned.

The questions I need answered specifically have to do with..

How long should I wait for a response from the original author?

What are the best methods for finding them? (I've e-mailed the original
address and done some searches on Google, I haven't seen anything that was
from less then 18 months ago and that was still the address I've gotten no
response from.)

Are there any copyright issues I should worry about? Obviously it is GPL,
but
that doesn't change who the owner is. I could fork it, but would prefer not
to.

Sorry, for the OT post.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]