On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:34:44 -0600
Robert Canary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> implied:

> This is a RHL 7.1 install.
>
> When I do a swapon -s to see how much swap is being used it always
> "zero".  Even if I put the CPU under load it still shows zero.  It is
> only a 586 with 127M so I know it needs some swap, but apparently it
> is not using it, at least according to swapon -s it is not using it.
>
> Anyone else seen this sort of behavior?

Sure. It all depends on what you're running and how long it's been doing
it. I had an old P150 with 96M that almost never swapped. I now have a
P400 with 384M that is currently using 41-42M swap. I also have tons
more running now than I used to have.

I've currently been up 14 days. I usually don't start using any swap
until sometime late in the first or near the beginning of the second
day. I keep an x-session going all of the time the thing is running and
I have gobs of services, firewalling, firewall monitoring, log
monitoring and so on.

--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous.