Hi all,

How read-only is a read-only partition.  If I put a vfat partition in the
/etc/fstab with the 'ro' option then users won't be able to write to the disk
right?

My question is, will the kernel write to it?

The reason being that we've just paid a small fortune to have a data recovery
firm undelete a bucket load of files and they have done well.  Now I want to
put it into a machine that I *know* won't try to update the disk while I copy
the recovered files off.

--
Gary Stainburn