My Sony laptop running 7.2 with a 2.4.9-13 kernel from winfor lin has
been working pretty well for several weeks.  Last night, after going
home and turing the machine on a lot of weird stuff started happening.

evolution would not finish coming up, nor mozilla.  ps -axf showed
several processes with children running netstat -in that appeared to be
hung.

ifconfig hung.

reboot from command line hung while going down after klogd shutdown.

same thing on cold start.

several tries, booting into rl 3 finally seemed to bring the machine up.

Several problems getting it to boot this morning at work.  Finally got
it to come up with a combination of booting into singleuser mode and and
then telinit 5.  Or was it 3 first?  I forget.

Anyway now /var/log/messages has a bunch of these:

Jan 17 17:02:17 bretsony kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame#
308
Jan 17 17:03:24 bretsony kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame#
1692

Any ideas what would cause this and where to look?  I have disabled
several of the services and am about to reboot but wanted to send this
incase someone says oh yeah you need to tweak the conooter setting in
/etc/flibergidit.

I will let the list know the results of my reboot soon.  I hope.

Bret