Matthew,

On Monday 21 January 2002 09:49, you said something about:
> I came across this recently on my Redhat 7.1 box:
>
> [root@bindlestiff mboedick]# rpm -q sudo
> sudo-1.6.4-0.7x.2
> [root@bindlestiff mboedick]# strings /usr/bin/sudo | tail -1
> $OpenBSD: skeleton.c,v 1.18 2001/11/19 19:02:18 mpech Exp $
> [root@bindlestiff mboedick]#
>
> I'm kind of curious about it.  Anyone have any ideas/explanations?

The folks over at OpenBSD are responsible for quite a few projects that make
it to other systems. You'll find similar stings in openssh (most notable) and
others as well.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]