On Monday 21 January 2002 12:56, daniel wrote:
> i've heard nothing but good things about slackware
> since going that route apparently gives you total control
>   i can't speak from experience there though
>
> i CAN however speak of SuSE
> in a phrase: don't like it
> everything in the os is "special"
> programs and config files are kept in odd places
> and the suse boot concept is non-linux standard as well

That's interesting.  Oddly enough, SuSE claims to be the most LSB compliant
distro out there.  So who has the files in weird places now?  I will agree,
though, that it (SuSE) does give the impression that changes had better be
made w/ their special tools, or else.  In fact, there is an option to disable
the SuSEconfig tool, but it specifically states not to come to them for
support after turning it off and mucking up your system.  6 one way, half a
dozen another, as far as I'm concerned.

Monte

Monte