On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:32:26 +0800
"gary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> implied:

> Dear all,
>
> I just created a .fetchmailrc in individual home, to fetch mail from
> mail server, it work fine, but is there a way to do it in root with
> one.fetchmailrc file to fetch for all users, instead of doing it for
> all users...
>
> Please help to advise....

I no longer do it this way, but I might again. I had it this was awhile
back and I know it works.

I created a fetchmailrc with fetchmailconf for all users. I renamed it
from .fetchmailrc to fetchmailrc and put it in /etc with so many other
configs. I then set it up 2 different ways.

The first, I put a command at the end of rc.local that used the flag to
read the alternate config file (it's in man fetchmail) and also to put
in in daemon mode.

Later I modified one of the scripts in init.d and called it fetchmail.
It did the same as the other example, except it had a command to kill
fetchmail when called.

I don't have working examples of either method right now. The rc.local
method was super simple. The init script method took a little trial and
error, but if I can do it, any moron other than this moron should be
able to figure it out without too much trouble.

--
Windows: 50,000,000 beta testers, and counting...