Nick,

On Friday 25 January 2002 07:20, you said something about:
> Hi
> Inspired by a thread this morning I'm trying to do this:
>
> Have kde autostart a Konsole session (you know the little black screen
> icon, not xterm)
> Lanunch Mutt in that console
>
> I'm not sure how to go about it, so /any/ pointers would be of value.

Here's the "GUI" way to do it (at least I think this takes the least amount
of knowledge and time).

Get a nice clean desktop (so you can right click on it) and right click and
select "Create New -> Link to application"

Now you have a dialog to create a "Desktop link"
On the "General" tab, Enter the Name as you would like it to appear and
select an icon (all optional)
On the "Execute" tab enter /usr/bin/mutt (or optionally browse for the
executable) for the command and check the "Run in terminal" checkbox.
Click on OK and you will now have a new application icon on your desktop.
Test this icon to ensure that it executes as desired and tweak if necessary.

Once you're satisfied that this is working fine, go into Konqueror (or your
favorite file manager) and move that icon to the ~/Desktop/Autostart
directory.

Now you can further test it by logging out and back in. It should start your
program just as though you clicked on that icon you created earlier.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]