Thanks to all those who've helped.  I can get a connection, it seems as if
the settings were all correct, but the connection is quite slow.  The
Terminal Adapter has a speed of 15000 but connects at 64000.  You would
think this should make for a faster connection but using it on windows is a
lot faster.  Another thing I've noticed is the local host is always
different each time I've connected, 165.76.98.201, 165.76.99.170,
165.76.98.42.  I sense this could be a reason for the delay in establishing
a connection (It takes a good 10 minutes) The connection window says
"checking modem volume"  Any ideas?