Hi!

I have a firewall/gateway box (7.2 with updates) which has been working
properly for a while, albeit with a very simple configuation (masquerade
anything out, let only ssh in). Now, I'd like to put sendmail on it but
with two twists:

1. Tell sendmail only to accept connections from the internal IP's
(127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1). The firewall blocks connections from the
outside, but defense in depth is good.

2. Set iptables rules to redirect *all* mail connections from the inside to
the firewall's sendmail, then have sendmail make final delivery. A
transparent mail proxy, if you will.

Can anyone comment on how I would do both of these? I'm getting very
confused by iptables, and also not finding the right sendmail directive for mc.

Thanks, y'all...

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz