Hello,

> My understanding is that free service is still available, but only if the
> server isn't busy. Seems reasonable, paying customers get priority
> service. Keep in mind that a large number of packages have just had
> updates released, and the server is likely fairly busy.

I fully agree with you. It just happened that I have both messages at the
same time (New offer! + Server busy) and I get a bit suspicious.

> On the plus side, a basic subscription has dropped from $240.00 to $60.00
> per year. Again, I don't think up2date (free version) has stopped
> working, just that we'll have to wait if we don't want to pay.
>
> I didn't subscribe previously as I thought $20.00/month was a little
> expensive, given that I buy a new version every 6 months. With the new
> pricing structure, and the fact that I don't want to wait, I'll be buying
> a subscription.

I think also that $60.- per year is ok.

BTW, up2date is again working. I think you were right. I will consider as
well a basic suscription.

Best regards and thanks to you all,
Tomás

       Tomás García Ferrari