From: ABrady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 10:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Piracy?

I subscribe to an online news thingy. Today there was an announcement
that Redhat is going to launch a  Linux Advanced Server at Linuxworld.
There was one line that I didn't quite understand and was hoping someone
had more information on exactly what is being talked about:

"Red Hat is also taking steps to halt piracy of its software, which is
nevertheless based on the free Linux OS."

Piracy of what? What kinds of steps?

Not that it makes any difference to me because I fully believe that
someone that writes the software has 100% right to determine its
distribution (including source), licensing and so forth. I'm just
wondered what's being discussed in the statement.

--
We finally figured out how to totally eliminate blue-screen crashes.
We made them red.