Jatan,
        If you are still having problems... Attached is smb.conf file. I am not
using Win2K as a BDC, or PDC, but have specified a workgroup... I also
included one of the share sections. This is very similar to Mike D's.
Notes:
*For the security = user, make sure that the same user names exist on the
Win2K machine as do on the RedHat box.
*The password level, and username level are just to adjust for mixed case
username passwords. This is kind of a loose security policy, and I will
probably change this after I send this e-mail.
*When encrypt passwords = yes, and security = user, one must have an
smbpasswd file to authenticate users by (Note smb passwd file entry). Win 98
and NT will expect encrypted passwords by default. If you don't have the
smbpasswd file, you must make security = server or domain, and set that kind
of authentication up accordingly.
*The "valid users" section, by default let's all users in. Specificying
specific users makes samba slightly more secure.

        If you still have problems logging into the RedHat machine from your Win2K
"My Network Places", try clicking on start, then run, then enter the
servername, followed by the share name. Example, my Redhat boxes hostname is
"maple", and I am sharing out /fs1, so when I click start, run, I enter
\\maple\fs3, hit ok, and it pops up a window. Or, try mapping a drive to one
of your shares. In a "cmd" window, on the Win2K machine, you can type "net
use", to see what is connected.
        I think there is also a command to delete the cached password entry on the
Win2K box, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. <This is helpful
if you log in as one person, but then want to log in as another person, and
it automatically logs you in as the first person when you click on it.
Otherwise you have to log out, and log in again on the Win2K machine to
clear it. (I think)>

Anyway, Good Luck. I keep the passwords on my Win2K machine the same as they
are on my RedHat box.
-RYAN

[global]
   workgroup = BEACH-HOUSE