From: "SoloCDM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> What do the following xinetd based services provide?
>
> chargen: off

Character generator.  You connect to the port and it just spews out
characters at you.  For debugging only, and not generally useful longterm.

> chargen-udp: off

The same thing instead it's running over udp and not tcp

> daytime: off

Returns the server time to the connecting client in ASCII format.

> daytime-udp: off

daytime over udp

> echo: off

Echoes each character that the client enters.

> echo-udp: off

echo over udp

> time: off

Returns the time in binary format.

> time-udp: off

time over udp

> Also, do the above services have anything to do with telnet or ftp?

No.

> Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
>       list/newsgroup address and my email address in To:.

Ask the list, get a reply on the list.

Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]