On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:27:37AM -0700, Li Bing wrote:
: Dear all,
:
: I installed a RedHat 7.1 server on my PC. In the procedure of installation,
: I name my PC LiBing. But after the system is started up, in the terminal
: the prompt is a name I have never known. But in the Network
: Configurator, the name is correct.
:
: Could you tell me how to change that?

The first step is getting rid of that ASCII-art .sig.  Cute dog.
Save it for alt.fan.warlord, where such an animal can be appreciated.

Now, how to change the hostname of your system?  Easiest?  Check the
/etc/sysconfig/network file.  Adjust the value of HOSTNAME, creating
it if not already there, and reboot.

One last thing - don't name a machine with a mixed-case name - it's tacky.
Check your /etc/hosts file too to make sure you've cleaned up all the
cruft...

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.