You might want to check out the newsgrooups on cnews.corel.com
(corel.wpoffice.office2000-linux was very helpful to me).  I can't
address WP8 issues specifially but for WPO2000 I needed to install
compat-glib-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm

Also, tehre are some updated files for WPO2000 at
http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/corelwine/

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I did a clean install of rh7.2 on my home machines about a
> month ago loaded the libc ld.so from 6.2 and had no problem
> the first machine at work. Wordperfects graphical install
> fails and when i do a text base install it says wp doesnot
> work on a 15 plane monitor? Now it worked just fine with
> 6.0 on that machine and it has the same monitor as one of
> the machines at home. I suspect for some reason it is really
> the video card it is complaining about it has a
> STB velocity 128 8mb AGP video card it used the Rivera128 driver
> (I hope I got spelling right) Now the two machines at home
> have S3 virge and a ATI MACH64 driver. Do you think buying
> a different video card would solve the problem? If so any
> suggestion on what to buy? Star Office and Xfce work fine
> but I still need Word perfect for our letter heads plus
> the boss uses word perfect at home. Maybe I am missing
> some necessary program since at home I load lots of toys
> and at work I try to keep things to the minimum. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>                   Linda

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
Systems Programmer Administrator I
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension and Administrative Technology Services
Phone: (919) 515-3609