Hello,
I am trying to connect a rh box using wvdial.
The ISP's technical support only knows windows.
Using minicom, I found out that the terminal server on their end is some
Cisco router/terminal server.
It accepts the username and the password.  To get it to start ppp
negotiation,
i found out that one can either send
ppp default
or ppp negotiate
If only ppp is sent, it asks for an ip address or host name.
The problem is that when using wvdial, the server responds:
"you are already logged in, access denied"
and drops the line.  With ppp default being sent to the server,
my pppd terminates with return code 16.
With ppp negotiate being sent, it terminates with return code 5.
I am out of ideas to try and as stated before, has no hope
of support from the isp's side.
Please help?
regards, Willem van der Walt
ps.  the isp is lantic.net.
If some South African has cracked this, please contact me.