It is not a bug in chpasswd, it is a bug in PAM.  Get the pam updates from
updates.redhat.com and install them.  Then it will work fine.  I filed a
bugzilla report on this a day or two after 7.2 was released and never heard
back, then did a bugzilla search last week to find the fix was referenced
from the bug report.

- rick -