On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 07:07:48PM +1100, Greg Wright thoughtfully expounded:
> Hello All,
>
> Anyone experienced a broken atd rpm as per latest errata ?
>
> system 6.2, postfix, standard dirs, install rpm.. will not start....  I
> have not dug around as yet, but SRPM will not build even when sendmail is
> removed as a req. if you have a quick fix, can you mail me off list ?

As others may have run into this, I am posting to the list.

I _think_ that the problem is in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atd script where it
sources /etc/init.d/functions instead of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.

Without the functions, it can't make a call to 'daemon()' to start atd.

I changed this and all is well.

--
Tom Porter                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],