In your /etc/ directory you will find a file called aliases.
At the bottom of the file you will see this line:
# Person who should get root's mail
#root:          marc

Change that to something like this
# Person who should get root's mail
root:          john
That would deliver roots email to john on THAT local machine. You can also do
this:

# Person who should get root's mail
root:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And if you want multiple people to get roots mail you can do this:
# Person who should get root's mail
root:          john,[EMAIL PROTECTED],jim,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note that root will no longer have any email anymore. If you want root to
also get email as well as the others just stick root in with the rest of the
people who will get roots email:

# Person who should get root's mail
root:          john,[EMAIL PROTECTED],root

After changing this  file you must type in the command:  newaliases
You dont have to restart any service etc, changes take effect in real time
after you type newalises.

Hope that helps.

Jim.