On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:02:00PM -0500, Travis McCarter wrote:
> I operate a small ISP and much of my time is spent searching for answers to
> specific problems on the Internet in order to keep my network running.  I am
> trying to implement a variety of different tools to help me find answers
> more quickly.  This mailing-list, for example, has a lot of useful
> information, but finding it exactly when you need it is very time consuming.
> I read this list through MS Outlook, but I would like a way to archive it on
> a Linux server to allow me to use a web-based search to find specific
> postings.  Does anyone know of a RedHat Linux package that I could export
> mail messages to to allow me to do this?

Have you looked at Red Hat's archives for this list?
Or how about http://faqchest.dynhost.com/linux/REDHAT/
Or http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

If you really want to archive it yourself, have your mail delivered to a Linux
server and use procmail to file it into directories by whatever you want.
Basically procmail will deliver to mbox format which is a flat text file, and
you can do whatever you want to at that point.  The challenge for you is to
get it from Outlook to your Linux system.  Personally, my e-mail goes to my
Linux system first, and it runs an IMAP server.  I read my mail from either
mutt when I ssh into my system, or via Outlook Express when I'm on my desktop.
I use procmail to process every message that comes in...

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]