On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Nick wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have successfully installed RH 7.2 on my laptop (a Toshiba Tecra
> 8000).  I now need to set up the PCMCIA card.  Does anybody know how I can
> do this (I've found the hardware configuration panel under Gnome, but it
> doesn't appear to let you change settings).
>
> The PCMCIA card I've got is a Xircom Real Port Ethernet 10/100 + Modelm 56
> (Rem 56GT-100).

i have the cardbus version of this card -- cbem -- and the upgraded
version of the kernel -- 2.4.9-13.  amazingly, i plugged in the card,
and it just flat out worked.  the network interface is available as
eth0, and the modem is /dev/ttyS04.

have you tried just plugging it in to see what happens?

rday