Hey, all.

I'm trying to print to a printer set up on a Windows machine from
my Linux box. I've tried evrything I can think of and it still
doesn't work so I'm hoping someone can help me.

The two machines are on the same network.
One is Windows 98, the other is Zoot (RHL 6.2).
I've setup everything up correctly (or so I hope).

The printer is a Canon LBP-810. I selected LBP-811
in printtool so that's the closest match I can find.

I've read the Printing HOWTO, the Print2Win Mini-HOWTO,
the samba doc and the lpr-related man pages and I still
can't figure this out so I'ld appàreciate any and all input.

Emmanuel

[root@munshine /root]# cat /etc/printcap
# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## SMB lbp8 300x300 a4 {} CanonLBP8 Default 1
lp|canon:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :if=/usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters//master-filter:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
        :lp=/dev/null:

[root@munshine /root]# cat /var/spool/lpd/lp/.config
share='\\delphine\canon pupuce'
hostip=192.168.109.138
user='delphine'
password='XXXXXXXX'
workgroup='acticiel'

[root@munshine /root]# smbclient -L delphine
added interface ip=192.168.109.131 bcast=192.168.109.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        PRINTER$       Disk
        CANON PUPUCE   Printer
        SETUP          Disk
        IPC$           IPC       Communication entre processus distants

        <snip>

[root@munshine /root]# lpc status all
lp:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        no entries
        no daemon present

[root@munshine /root]# testprns lp
Looking for printer lp in printcap file /etc/printcap
Printer name lp is valid.