On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I need to setup a system to allow user management to occur via a web
> interface (preferably w/o the user management team having to know the root
> password).  The box to that needs to be administered this way is a redhat
> 7.1 box that is going to be my companies squid server box.  Does anyone
> know of an existing program/project that does this (the root password is a
> preference, not a requirement)?
>
> Thanks,

Webmin can do this, and dozens of other things.  It can also be set up so
those without root can be granted privs to change whatever you want.

http://www.webmin.com/

It's great stuff.

DDDD   David Kramer         [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really
DKK D  embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen
DK KD  an angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a
DDDD   lot more careful about what they say if they had.      Linus Torvalds