On 7/02/2002 at 4:08 PM Rudy Metzger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[gregausit/redhat-list] wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I am in the unfortunate position that my linux can only connect to the
>internet via a MS Proxy Server. However, every time when I try to connect
>a page via lynx I get the following message:
>
>Invalid Header: 'Proxy Authenticate: NTLM'

There is no proxy client available for Linux from the product supplier
(either)

There was projects going to try to make a situation like this work, not
sure how sucessfull it may be, look for something called   dante

You may also want to look around and see if SAMBA can somehow help as it
operates in an NTLM env. Another option may be to look for some other
software that will act as a proxy to the proxy (thinking of some tunneling
software that runs on windows machine)

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874