----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Hartung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: redhat-list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 11:18 AM
Subject: recover mail list from netscape

> Hi,
>    I have a screwed up netscape [4.78] that is not worth my time to
try to
> get the fonts working on.  What file can I pull out of the
installation to
> reecover my e-mail address list before I rpm -e netscape ?
> --
>
> Bob Hartung, Bettendorf, IA

If it's the user account, rpm -e won't get anything. Same with root. It
will only get the original program files. So, if you want to straighten
out the fonts, the chances are it isn't in the program anyway. So,
rather than uninstall it, you should likely rename ~/.netscape to
something esle. Once you have it working again, just copy the things you
really need (likely addressbook.pab [I think] and bootkmarks.html) over
to the new .netscape directory.

If you really think it's the program, uninstalling won't touch anything
in any accounts. So, none of the original settings or data will be lost.
If you still have problems, you'll need to do as I described above
anyway to try solving it.