Hello,

I have a situation where I'm moving a web site off of a server running sendmail onto
another server running postfix, but in the mean time there are still some processes
running on the sendmail server that are causing problems.

The whole story is too long to post here, but basically, the old server had 2 separate
domain/host names. One of them (the correct one) is getting moved to the new server.
In order for mail sent _by_ the old server to get to the new one, I had to remove the
old hostname ("gooddomain.com") from /etc/hosts. But now, it's sending out mail as
being from the other (remaining) host name, which is causing serious issues, because
now mail appears to be coming for the other domain, which we do not want - it still
needs like have a from address of gooddomain.com (does that make any sense?).

So basically what I'm needing it to force sendmail to make the from address still be
@gooddomain.com, but I cannot add that domain back to /etc/hosts, and also I can't do
anything that would make sendmail think it's still oldserver.gooddomain.com (because
if I do, any mail it send to old-domain.com will get trapped there, instead of being
sent to the new server like it needs to..

So, is there a way to force the domain part of the sending address without screwing up
the rest of the system?

Thanks

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator